We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
Your information is the information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share
When you sign up for Kindness.my, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address, birthday, and gender. In some cases, you may be able to register using other information, like your telephone number.
Information you choose to share
Your information also includes the information you choose to share on Kindness.my, such as when you post a status update, upload a photo, or comment on a friend’s story. It also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, like a Page or a website, add a place to your story, use our contact importers, or indicate you are in a relationship.
Information others share about you
We receive information about you from your friends and others, such as when they upload your contact information, post a photo of you, tag you in a photo or status update, or at a location, or add you to a group. When people use Kindness.my, they may store and share information about you and others that they have, such as when they upload and manage their invites and contacts.
Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
- When you post things like photos or videos on Kindness.my, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access Kindness.my, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information so we can tell you if any of your friends are nearby.
- We receive data through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you’re on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to Kindness.my, your User ID.
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, our sponsors, and the developers that build the applications and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep Kindness.my products, services and integrations safe and secure;
- to protect Kindness.my’s or others’ rights or property;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide Kindness.my as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don’t share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission;
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices.
Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. You can deactivate your account on your account settings page.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Kindness.my. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. You can delete your account here. Learn more.
Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some of the things you do on Kindness.my aren’t stored in your account, like posting to a group or sending someone a message (where your friend may still have a message you sent, even after you delete your account). That information remains after you delete your account.